Description
Modo Middle Station. Bounded by the Queen Astrid square on the north side, pelikaansstraat on the west side and Zoo on the East side.
The first Belgian railway line Brussels-Mechelen, the segment, was inaugurated on 5 May 1835; on 3 May 1836 followed the segment Mechelen-Antwerp. The very first station in Antwerp, when "Antwerpen-Oost", was no more than a wooden building located outside the then fortresses at the beginning of the Carnotstraat. Then in 1843 the Scheldt-Rhine-railway was opened, was an additional freight depot built to the muted Ankerrui. In 1854 the old travelers drive replacement, still by a wooden station, on site of the current Koningin astridplein and the passage in the ramparts to the Teniersplaats by a city gate. Shortly after the commissioning of this drive, especially on 26 June 1854, the line was officially inaugurated Moerdijk-Roosendaal-Antwerp. Then in 1859, it was decided to demolish the Spanish fortresses, whereby the military easements, fixed-, which building constructions from resistant materials in a zone of 585 metres around the forbidden city walls, was the construction of a stone station. It was decided to set up the new station on the site of the old and to increase the former railway track. The implementation of works was 1895-05. Over the years, a number of changes have been made. By Royal Decree of 12 March 1975 were travellers building, spoorweghal, elevated berm to just after the long K.h Street as protected monument. Damage caused by flying bombs and severe erosion phenomena of stones and metal parts needed restoration works, which since 1987 in progress.
The current Central Station contains three major parts: the elevated above ground masonry which the railway lines have been laid, the covered spoorweghal for arrival and departure and the actual station building with services and ticket Hall.
The works for the embankment of the railway commenced in 1895. Over a length of 1500 metres, in particular of the De Keyserlei to the zurenborg Street, was raised a berm of 5.96 metres height gradually to the new fortresses to the ground level and switching; at the height of ploegstraat, long Street, Plantin en Moretuslei Kievits, County Street and Abbott Street were stone tunnels and to the Belgiëlei a metal bridge construction. As a result, one also served the ring railway around the city to increment; This was laid out in 1873 along the new fortress belt to replace former connections by built-up city areas. At the height of the arches viaduct was a 250 ft draakplaats built; This also happened between the so-called "Herentals ' gate" and the "Leopold gate", approximately at the level of current stone bridge and Lieutenant Naeyaertplein along the English Lei (Borgerhout), where over a length of 850 metres a full with arches openwork structure came into being. The platform embankment work and construction of viaducts are attributed to engineer c. Valencia in collaboration with Jan Van Asperen.
Elevated berms inside the ring railway "the Centers", located on opposite side lined with many-coloured stone types submitted by Belgian quarries, at the height of the tracks edged with iron or stone railings and artfully plus with towers, turrets, ironwork, sculptures and mosaics. The many turrets give access to the cross under the tracks ongoing savings fields in the masonry of the vaults, created as a result of the heavy vibrations to be seen regularly.
With the building of the covered spoorweghal was also launched in 1895, and on 15 July 1898 the new installations were inaugurated. The design of the Hall, perhaps falsely attributed to Louis Delacenserie, is probably also from the hand of engineer c. Van Bogaert. Its implementation was entrusted to the "Compagnie Centrale de Construction SA." by Haine St. Pierre.
The Hall is 185 metres long, 64 m wide and 44 feet high (nok). Built on the basis of the ten tracks, 5.96 meters altitude, is formed by a series of vaulted spaces that extend to the long K.h Street; on the side of the pelikaansstraat are these decorated like shopping and service area, including warehouses, transport corridors for luggage on departure and arrival (connection to the platforms via lifts), order services, postal sorting, travelers exit, heating and ventilating equipment; the monumental chimney on the side of the Zoo took care of the drain of the latter.
The metal structure of the canopy filled with glass panels, made up of fifteen spans of 12 meters of ash to ash and a sixteenth span for the connection with the passenger building; from this last span left the now demolished corner towers. Arch trusses composed of rectangular caisson bars: three hinge rafters with basic level and a centre hinge hinges on ground in the scheien, consisting of the base hinges on Hollywood not connected pieces, of which the steel shoes are anchored in concrete pedestals. NOK increased by around the length continuous Flèche, whose yokes are also connected by a hinge; Openwork plates in vertical walls for steam drain of locomotives. Light curved Vault Arch of the roof with large insert caps with iron roedenverdeling to weerszij.
The jutting out portion of the Hall is on either side a covered Gallery, which, on the side of the pelikaansstraat, on the footpath and to the interior sides of the Hall platforms forms along the run up of the vaults. Numerous walkways with an eye on maintenance.
To the suburbs is the Hall covered by a huge glass screen suspended from a metal structure, originally with an abundance of wrought iron decorations and slender metal minarets of 54 meters on each side. As a result of rust damage to roof and platform served glass screen need restored. The two end arches, which together carry the glass curtain, were in October 1987 hydraulically jacked up for dismantling and renovation works; the general appearance of glass curtain is preserved but the former's rich decoration comes a lot of loss.
Monumental travellers building with neo-Baroque style in eclectic, mainly ticket Hall, designed by Louis Delacenserie. Commencement of work in 1900-01, external construction, masonry, completed in 1904, inauguration on 15 July 1905.
Rectangular building of three storeys under slate mansard roof with central dome, different towers with Flèche and iron vorstkam. Long facade of 77 meters on Koningin astridplein with post office, telegraph office, short left right facade of 66 feet across from the De Keyserlei; the ticket Hall is located in the middle of the building; It is a single room of on the floor up to the more than 60-metre high glass dome. The layout of the ground floor is repeated on the upper floor, which one reached through two hoofdtrappen; on these two floors around the central patio are the numerous technical and administrative services of the railways. The level difference of nearly 6 meters between travellers building and indoor spoorweghal is captured by four flights of stairs.
To Koningin astridplein and The Keyserlei, the two monumental building facades. The portion of the Zoo is architecturally less refined, while the pageantry of the facade on the platform side in line with the beautifully crafted walls of the great Hall.
Structure of solid masonry with wood and concrete structure for the dome. For the lining of the walls and the implementation of numerous ornamental elements was mainly use made of natural stone from the quarries of Vinalmont, for the bearing elements of arduin. There the Vinalmontsteen used in many places, showed cracks and fissures were most salient parts such as lists, turrets and various decorative elements, as well as parts of gilded metal, which adorned the building initially, removed for security reasons.
Facade on Koningin astridplein, highlighted by a bows Gallery on the ground floor and two octagonal towers on halfcirkelvomige weerszij of the former nis, which in 1960 was replaced by the current glazed party; the Tower walls are worked out with niches, the domes (natural stone cladding) with Windows and campanile in neo-Baroque style.
The facade on the Keyserlei with colossal checkered rondboognis, worked out as a sort of triumphal arch with inscription "middle station" in cartouche and crowning balustrade. Inside arc with rondbogige access to ticket Hall, above which loggia and pegged range with clockwork.
Rectangular and cross-bar frame in natural stone frame either with pilasters, either geriemd; line-minded balustrades and pediments.
The intact preserved facade on Zoo side is a simplified implementation of the facade on the De Keyserlei. Rondboognis is a gallery above the arches made, flanked by two hoektoerens.
The facade on the platform side has one floor less because of the increase of the platforms. Symmetrical façade built up with new Baroque, Palladian-style decor, with lavish ornamentation in rich and colorful, but not weatherproof materials, including red marble. Central risalietvormende Bay with slates dome flanked by a composition of three lower bays with crowning balustrade, a forward, later ascending bays with three-sided pediment and masterpieces, and a final closed Bay, in line with the glass side walls of the Hall; the whole, on the last Bay after, spanned by a range of glass and metal, including circular trace work and floral wrought iron ornamental pieces, which the spoorweghal
Description
Modo Middle Station. Bounded by the Queen Astrid square on the north side, pelikaansstraat on the west side and Zoo on the East side.
The first Belgian railway line Brussels-Mechelen, the segment, was inaugurated on 5 May 1835; on 3 May 1836 followed the segment Mechelen-Antwerp. The very first station in Antwerp, when "Antwerpen-Oost", was no more than a wooden building located outside the then fortresses at the beginning of the Carnotstraat. Then in 1843 the Scheldt-Rhine-railway was opened, was an additional freight depot built to the muted Ankerrui. In 1854 the old travelers drive replacement, still by a wooden station, on site of the current Koningin astridplein and the passage in the ramparts to the Teniersplaats by a city gate. Shortly after the commissioning of this drive, especially on 26 June 1854, the line was officially inaugurated Moerdijk-Roosendaal-Antwerp. Then in 1859, it was decided to demolish the Spanish fortresses, whereby the military easements, fixed-, which building constructions from resistant materials in a zone of 585 metres around the forbidden city walls, was the construction of a stone station. It was decided to set up the new station on the site of the old and to increase the former railway track. The implementation of works was 1895-05. Over the years, a number of changes have been made. By Royal Decree of 12 March 1975 were travellers building, spoorweghal, elevated berm to just after the long K.h Street as protected monument. Damage caused by flying bombs and severe erosion phenomena of stones and metal parts needed restoration works, which since 1987 in progress.
The current Central Station contains three major parts: the elevated above ground masonry which the railway lines have been laid, the covered spoorweghal for arrival and departure and the actual station building with services and ticket Hall.
The works for the embankment of the railway commenced in 1895. Over a length of 1500 metres, in particular of the De Keyserlei to the zurenborg Street, was raised a berm of 5.96 metres height gradually to the new fortresses to the ground level and switching; at the height of ploegstraat, long Street, Plantin en Moretuslei Kievits, County Street and Abbott Street were stone tunnels and to the Belgiëlei a metal bridge construction. As a result, one also served the ring railway around the city to increment; This was laid out in 1873 along the new fortress belt to replace former connections by built-up city areas. At the height of the arches viaduct was a 250 ft draakplaats built; This also happened between the so-called "Herentals ' gate" and the "Leopold gate", approximately at the level of current stone bridge and Lieutenant Naeyaertplein along the English Lei (Borgerhout), where over a length of 850 metres a full with arches openwork structure came into being. The platform embankment work and construction of viaducts are attributed to engineer c. Valencia in collaboration with Jan Van Asperen.
Elevated berms inside the ring railway "the Centers", located on opposite side lined with many-coloured stone types submitted by Belgian quarries, at the height of the tracks edged with iron or stone railings and artfully plus with towers, turrets, ironwork, sculptures and mosaics. The many turrets give access to the cross under the tracks ongoing savings fields in the masonry of the vaults, created as a result of the heavy vibrations to be seen regularly.
With the building of the covered spoorweghal was also launched in 1895, and on 15 July 1898 the new installations were inaugurated. The design of the Hall, perhaps falsely attributed to Louis Delacenserie, is probably also from the hand of engineer c. Van Bogaert. Its implementation was entrusted to the "Compagnie Centrale de Construction SA." by Haine St. Pierre.
The Hall is 185 metres long, 64 m wide and 44 feet high (nok). Built on the basis of the ten tracks, 5.96 meters altitude, is formed by a series of vaulted spaces that extend to the long K.h Street; on the side of the pelikaansstraat are these decorated like shopping and service area, including warehouses, transport corridors for luggage on departure and arrival (connection to the platforms via lifts), order services, postal sorting, travelers exit, heating and ventilating equipment; the monumental chimney on the side of the Zoo took care of the drain of the latter.
The metal structure of the canopy filled with glass panels, made up of fifteen spans of 12 meters of ash to ash and a sixteenth span for the connection with the passenger building; from this last span left the now demolished corner towers. Arch trusses composed of rectangular caisson bars: three hinge rafters with basic level and a centre hinge hinges on ground in the scheien, consisting of the base hinges on Hollywood not connected pieces, of which the steel shoes are anchored in concrete pedestals. NOK increased by around the length continuous Flèche, whose yokes are also connected by a hinge; Openwork plates in vertical walls for steam drain of locomotives. Light curved Vault Arch of the roof with large insert caps with iron roedenverdeling to weerszij.
The jutting out portion of the Hall is on either side a covered Gallery, which, on the side of the pelikaansstraat, on the footpath and to the interior sides of the Hall platforms forms along the run up of the vaults. Numerous walkways with an eye on maintenance.
To the suburbs is the Hall covered by a huge glass screen suspended from a metal structure, originally with an abundance of wrought iron decorations and slender metal minarets of 54 meters on each side. As a result of rust damage to roof and platform served glass screen need restored. The two end arches, which together carry the glass curtain, were in October 1987 hydraulically jacked up for dismantling and renovation works; the general appearance of glass curtain is preserved but the former's rich decoration comes a lot of loss.
Monumental travellers building with neo-Baroque style in eclectic, mainly ticket Hall, designed by Louis Delacenserie. Commencement of work in 1900-01, external construction, masonry, completed in 1904, inauguration on 15 July 1905.
Rectangular building of three storeys under slate mansard roof with central dome, different towers with Flèche and iron vorstkam. Long facade of 77 meters on Koningin astridplein with post office, telegraph office, short left right facade of 66 feet across from the De Keyserlei; the ticket Hall is located in the middle of the building; It is a single room of on the floor up to the more than 60-metre high glass dome. The layout of the ground floor is repeated on the upper floor, which one reached through two hoofdtrappen; on these two floors around the central patio are the numerous technical and administrative services of the railways. The level difference of nearly 6 meters between travellers building and indoor spoorweghal is captured by four flights of stairs.
To Koningin astridplein and The Keyserlei, the two monumental building facades. The portion of the Zoo is architecturally less refined, while the pageantry of the facade on the platform side in line with the beautifully crafted walls of the great Hall.
Structure of solid masonry with wood and concrete structure for the dome. For the lining of the walls and the implementation of numerous ornamental elements was mainly use made of natural stone from the quarries of Vinalmont, for the bearing elements of arduin. There the Vinalmontsteen used in many places, showed cracks and fissures were most salient parts such as lists, turrets and various decorative elements, as well as parts of gilded metal, which adorned the building initially, removed for security reasons.
Facade on Koningin astridplein, highlighted by a bows Gallery on the ground floor and two octagonal towers on halfcirkelvomige weerszij of the former nis, which in 1960 was replaced by the current glazed party; the Tower walls are worked out with niches, the domes (natural stone cladding) with Windows and campanile in neo-Baroque style.
The facade on the Keyserlei with colossal checkered rondboognis, worked out as a sort of triumphal arch with inscription "middle station" in cartouche and crowning balustrade. Inside arc with rondbogige access to ticket Hall, above which loggia and pegged range with clockwork.
Rectangular and cross-bar frame in natural stone frame either with pilasters, either geriemd; line-minded balustrades and pediments.
The intact preserved facade on Zoo side is a simplified implementation of the facade on the De Keyserlei. Rondboognis is a gallery above the arches made, flanked by two hoektoerens.
The facade on the platform side has one floor less because of the increase of the platforms. Symmetrical façade built up with new Baroque, Palladian-style decor, with lavish ornamentation in rich and colorful, but not weatherproof materials, including red marble. Central risalietvormende Bay with slates dome flanked by a composition of three lower bays with crowning balustrade, a forward, later ascending bays with three-sided pediment and masterpieces, and a final closed Bay, in line with the glass side walls of the Hall; the whole, on the last Bay after, spanned by a range of glass and metal, including circular trace work and floral wrought iron ornamental pieces, which the spoorweghal
翻訳されて、しばらくお待ちください..
